Last updated: 21/05/2018
We respect the EU’s General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and this policy explains how we collect and treat any information you give us. You won’t find any complicated legal terms or long passages of unreadable text. We’ve no desire to trick you into agreeing to something you might later regret.
Our policy covers
- Why we value your privacy
- How we collect information
- What information we hold
- Where we store your information
- What we use your information for
- Who’s responsible for your information at our company
- Who has access to information about you
- The steps we take to keep your information private
- How to complain
- Changes to the policy
1. Why we value your privacy
We value your privacy as much as we do our own, so we’re committed to keeping your personal and business information safe. We ask for only the bare minimum from our customers. We’ll never use your personal information for any reason other than why you gave it, and we’ll never give anyone access to it unless we’re forced to by law.
2. How we collect information
We ask for contact information including your name, email address, and phone number, on our website so that we can reply to your enquiry.
We collect your email address when you sign up for one of our newsletters.
We ask for your account and contact information when you register a membership account.
Occasionally, we might receive your contact information from one of our partners. If we do, we protect it in exactly the same way as if you give it to us directly.
3. What information we hold
- When you contact us by email or through our website, we collect your name, email address, phone number, a social media username, and the company you work for, if you’ve given us that.
- If you sign up for a newsletter, we only collect your name and email address.
- When you register a membership account, we collect your name, email address, password, phone number, organisation information, and address.
4. Where we store your information
When you contact us by email or through our website, we store your information in our website’s data log. If you sign up for a newsletter, we store your email address in MailChimp, which is the marketing platform we prefer. When you register for membership, your information is stored in our membership platform. We chose these systems partly for their commitment to security.
5. What we use your information for
We occasionally use your contact information to send you details of our events and services. When we do, you have the option to unsubscribe from these communications and we won’t send them to you again.
6. Who’s responsible for your information at our company
Our Project Manager, is responsible for the security of your information. You can contact them if you have any concerns about the information we store.
7. Who has access to information about you
When we store information in our own systems, only the people who need it have access. Our management team have access to everything you’ve provided.
8. The steps we take to keep your information private
Where we store your information in third-party services, we restrict access only to people who need it. Passwords are encrypted.
9. How to complain
We take complaints very seriously. If you’ve any reason to complain about the ways we handle your privacy, please contact the Project manager.
10. Changes to the policy
If we change the contents of this policy, those changes will become effective the moment we publish them on our website.